Dental / Optometric Receptionist
Dental / Optometric ReceptionistSan Francisco, CA part time
- Greet clients and answer phones and courteously for the clinic. Direct clients to appropriate services as needed.
- Maintain NEMS’ telephone standards.
- Explain NEMS’ system and clinic services to new clients.
- Direct and escort clients to assigned operatories.
- Maintain confidentiality on matters concerning clients.
- Refer clients to supervisor in situations that cannot be handled.
- Front desk should not be left unattended during office hours except under special circumstances. In such situation, the supervisor should be informed and a sign posted to direct clients.
- Maintain a neat, tidy and well organized work area.
- Maintain a neat, tidy and well presented waiting area for client.
- Follow NEMS safety protocol.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and President & CEO.
- Schedule appointments for clinic providers.
- Print and post schedule in designated area of the clinic.
- Confirm client’s appointment by phone one working day before.
- Keep track of DentiCal or insurance authorization and schedule appointment accordingly.
- Inform providers of any changes in the day’s schedule.
- Handle dental records, filing appropriate information in dental charts and/or NextGen EDR and NextGen EPM systems, file X-rays.
- Handle medical records, requesting charts from Medical Department as needed.
- Prepare charts and superbills for scheduled clients.
- Obtain and update necessary information from clients and enter in dental charts and NextGen systems. For example, Denti-Cal, Medi-Cal, Medicare and private insurance coverage, current address and telephone number, etc.
- Obtain Denti-Cal/Medi-Cal stickers from clients. Verify Denti-Cal eligibility.
- Enter information from superbill to NextGen EPM system accurately.
CASH REGISTER & CLIENTS ACCOUNT:
- Handle cash register, check client’s balance and obtain payment from responsible party.
- Be responsible for the safe and contents.
- Handle refunds after obtaining authorization from supervisor.
- Compute and explain matters concerning client’s account.
- Prepare and audit charge and receipt summary at the end of the day make corrections to data entry if needed.
- At the end of the day, match the credit card receipts, the cash and check in the register to the receipt and charge summary. In the event that the amount in the cash register does not match the receipt summary, then the person collecting the money must report the shortage immediately to the Dental Director and to the Billing Department for documentation and further investigation.
- Handle routine clerical duties including: typing, filing, office supplies, mail etc.
- Receives, sorts and routes daily mail.
- Operates and maintain various types of office machines.
- Handle all type of billing in the department, including Medi-Cal/Denti-Cal, Medicare, and private insurance.
- Process and file insurance claims and preauthorization requests.
- Obtaining and updating information on client’s insurance benefits (including Denti-Cal).
- Follow-up on delinquent accounts.
- Post charges, adjustments and receipts using the NextGen EPM System.
MARGINAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Mount dental radiographs.
- Minimum high school degree
- 2 years of similar work experience.
- Bilingual Cantonese is required.
- Prior training and experience in dental insurance billing.
- Knowledge of dental terminology and ability to read radiographs to facilitate insurance billing.
- Ability to file and maintain records accurately.
- Ability to handle simple accounting procedures.
- Ability to read and write in English.
NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce.
Persuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Date posted16 Jul 2017
Expire on15 Aug 2017